We took our own pledge for 100 days in part to convince others that they could follow our same “real food” rules for only 10 days. We realize not everyone is keen on the idea of going “cold turkey” with the 10 Days of Real Food pledge though, which is why we also developed 14 weeks of mini-pledges. If taking baby steps is more your speed then check out the weekly “real food” challenges detailed below.
If you’re interested in giving these weekly challenges a shot you could start at the beginning or go in your own preferred order. You could also build each week on top of the next or simply tackle one weekly challenge at a time. Our hope is if you take these mini-pledges (or the 10-day pledge) that you’ll gain a new perspective from the experience and make at least some positive long-term changes as a result. No matter what though…these pledges will get you to start reading ingredient labels (if you don’t already)!
14 Weeks of “Real Food” Mini-Pledges:
- Week 1: Two fruits and/or vegetables per meal
- Week 2: “Real” beverages
- Week 3: Meat
- Week 4: No fast food or deep-fried foods
- Week 5: Try two new whole foods
- Week 6: No low-fat, lite or nonfat food products
- Week 7: 100% Whole grain .
- Week 8: Stop eating when you feel full
- Week 9: No refined sweeteners
- Week 10: No refined oils
- Week 11: Eat local foods
- Week 12: No sweeteners
- Week 13: Nothing artificial
- Week 14: No more than 5-ingredients
Also, check out:
- Our original “100 Days of Real Food” pledge
- Our “100 Days of Real Food on a Budget” pledge where we spent only $125/week
- Our list of “Real Food Tips” that covers everything from food shopping to picky kids
- Our “10 Days of Real Food” pledge sign-up page where we challenge readers to follow our same real food rules for a shorter period of time
- My list of real food “Kitchen Essentials“