It is time for another cookbook giveaway! This week I am giving away a free copy of Almost Meatless by Joy Manning and Tara Mataraza Desmond. The premise of this book fits perfectly with this week’s real food mini-pledge where we are focusing on eating locally raised meat and eating less of it. The authors have the right idea when it comes to reducing (but not giving up) meat, which will have a positive impact on both our health and the environment. With close to 70 recipes, each dish features meat such as chicken, turkey, pork, or lamb as an enhancement rather than the centerpiece of the meal.
Title: Almost Meatless
Retail: Available for $15.30 on Amazon
Summary: A collaboration between Manning, a former vegan, and Desmond, an unabashed meat lover, the aim is to help Americans, who they believe eat far more meat than is healthy or good for agricultural sustainability, compose meals that are both tasty and filling without having a slab of meat as the overbearing star ingredient. Instead, meat appears in smaller quantities supplemented by layers of flavor in the form of additional savory ingredients that should keep people who usually expect lots of meat from noticing the difference.
- Chicken: Chicken and Curried Cauliflower Salad Sandwiches, Thai Coconut Curry Soup, Chicken and Biscuit Pot Pie
- Turkey: African Peanut Stew, Turkey and Pinto Bean Cornbread Pie
- Seafood: Corn and Cod Cakes, Roasted Salmon Citrus Salad
- Pork: Potato Corn Chowder, Pork Pot Stickers, Red Beans and Rice
- Beef: Beefed-Up Bean Chili, Spinach and Chickpea Pouches, Chimichurri Fajitas
- Lamb: Shepherd’s Pie, Almond Gnocchi with Lamb Ragu
- Eggs: Grits Roulade, Pizza Strata
How to Enter
If you would like to enter the contest please read and follow these rules…
- The contest is open to those with a U.S. shipping address only.
- To enter the contest leave a comment below sharing your most favorite “almost meatless” dish that you make at home.
- Only one entry is allowed per person UNLESS you “follow” 100 Days of Real Food on Twitter. If you are a Twitter follower (or become one) you are allowed two entries!
- The contest will end at midnight EST on Sunday, April 3.
- The winner will be selected at random and announced on Twitter and Facebook (as well as emailed directly so make sure your address is entered correctly in your comment below!). The winner will have 3 days to respond before they are disqualified, and a new winner is chosen.
Please note: Your email address will not be shared or used for any other purpose.