I don’t know about you, but it seems like I’ve been hearing one negative thing after another about storing and cooking food in plastics. A friend of mine was just telling me that her husband got rid of all their plastic storage containers and went out to buy glass bowl replacements instead. Between the concern over BPA and if we should be heating foods in plastics in the first place I’ve been wondering if we should follow suit.
Luckily there seem to be plenty of covered glass bowl alternatives out there that I suspect would last much longer than Tupperware anyway. And today I am going to give away a free set from Duralex! We started using this very same set last week, and I love them so far. First of all they are stackable so they don’t take up very much room, secondly they serve a dual purpose because the quality is nice enough to serve food out of as well, and lastly the size range seems to be appropriate for our needs. I think we may get a second set so we can do away with plastics all together!
Duralex Lys Square Bowls with Lid, 5-piece Set (pictured – $39 value)
How to Enter
If you would like to enter the contest please read and follow these rules…
- The contest is open to those with a U.S. shipping address only.
- To enter the contest leave a comment below sharing the reason why you want these bowls.
- Only one entry is allowed per person UNLESS you follow 100 Days of Real Food on Twitter or Facebook. If you are a Twitter or Facebook fan (or become one) you are allowed two entries!
- The contest will end at midnight EST on Thursday, May 26.
- The winner will be selected at random and announced on both Twitter and Facebook (as well as emailed directly so make sure your address is entered correctly in your comment below!). The winner will have 3 days to respond before they are disqualified, and a new winner is chosen.
Please note: Your email address will not be shared or used for any other purpose.
In other news: Check out my article that ran in papers across the country today including the Miami Herald. If you like it click “like” next to the title. Thanks for your support!
“Family clashes over ‘real food’ pledge”