Having a meal plan not only feels good, it’s the key to cutting out processed food! But sitting down to create a meal plan (and actually sticking to it) can feel overwhelming. And, let’s face it, it’s not exactly fun.
With the holidays almost behind us, though (how’d that happen?), this is the perfect time of year to get you and your family back on track. And we have the perfect way to help you do just that. Start 2017 off right with a meal planning routine you can actually keep by joining our friends and longtime sponsor, Plan to Eat, for their new Make Ahead Meal Plan Challenge!
What is Plan to Eat?
Plan to Eat is an online meal planner that allows you to collect and organize your recipes (from the web, cookbooks, or your own collection) and drag them onto a meal planning calendar on the days you’d like to eat them. Then their software can automatically generate a grocery list for you (organized by store department!). So it’s a meal planning service that uses your own recipes that your family actually likes!
What is the Make Ahead Meal Plan Challenge?
The Make Ahead Meal Plan Challenge is Plan to Eat’s 28-day challenge to help you start your own meal planning routine. And it’s completely free.
This challenge will teach you how to make freeze-ahead meals for two weeks worth of dinners! Imagine not having the stress of dinner for two weeks while still being able to eat great home-cooked meals. You’ll learn how to cook 5 recipes for 4 people* in 3 hours. And you’ll have dinner ready for the next 2 weeks as a result! (*This can easily be customized to your household size.)
During the challenge you will also:
- Learn tricks for using your freezer so you can easily and efficiently make your own convenience food.
- Use Plan to Eat to help you plan recipes (that you choose) to automatically generate your shopping list for the entire month.
- Use your own recipes or use the recipes inspired by the book Fix, Freeze, Feast that will be available to you right from your Plan to Eat account.
- Join the Make Ahead Meal Plan Challenge Facebook group to discuss tips and tricks to make your kitchen super-efficient while making sure that everyone is fed.
- At the end of the challenge, all participants will be entered into a huge giveaway with a $400 prize package that will include:
– ($200) KitchenAid 13-Cup Metal Food Processor
– ($39) 1 free year of Plan to Eat
– ($19) a Plan to Eat canvas shopping bag
– ($10) a copy of the book Fix, Freeze, Feast
– ($23) Komax Oven Safe Glass Food Containers – Microwave & freezer safe
– Over $100 of other tools to get your kitchen set up and running efficiently!
Click here to join Plan to Eat’s Make Ahead Meal Plan Challenge and see how 2017 can be your year to take the stress out of your kitchen and get your family eating healthy, home-cooked foods again!