It is worth the drive to South Charlotte to dine at Santé, which is located in a historic building in downtown Matthews. What you’ll get is lots of character, great service, and delicious local food. The restaurant is conveniently located across the street from the Matthews Farmer’s Market where the owner, Adam, shops regularly. And not only does Santé buy locally as much as possible (and have their own restaurant garden out back), but they also compost all of their own waste as well – amazing!
Pictured is my recent birthday dinner of scallops and a “fancy” vegetarian entrée that the restaurant so kindly created for my daughters. The girls had fun sampling so many different veggies and trying bites of our entrées as well. Oh and I’d be lying if I said they didn’t also enjoy chowing down on some white bread rolls as well…one of the many special treats when we go out to eat! For a full list of their menu offerings check out their website: http://www.santeofmatthews.com/menus.htm
$40 Gift Certificate to Santé in Matthews, NC
If you would like to enter the contest please read and follow these rules…
- The contest is open to those with a U.S. shipping address only.
- To enter the contest leave a comment below sharing what menu item you would like to order if you win the gift certificate. I know it is hard to decide with so many good choices!
- Only one entry is allowed per person UNLESS you “like” Santé on facebook. If you are one of their facebook fans (or become one) you are allowed two entries!
- The contest will end at midnight EST on Sunday, June 12.
- The winner will be selected at random and announced on the 100 Days of Real Food Twitter and facebook page as well as emailed directly so make sure your address is entered correctly in your comment below! The winner will have 3 days to respond before they are disqualified, and a new winner is chosen.
Please note: Your email address will not be shared or used for any other purpose.