This contest is closed and the winner has been selected. Congrats to…
Melissa! She said “I’ve never considered making my own yogurt before. It seems complicated and overwhelming! What a great introduction, I’m interested now!”
The best way to control the ingredients in your food and avoid unwanted chemicals is to make items at home from scratch. Sometimes that can be easier said than done though so today I’d like to introduce you to a kitchen tool that will help make this job easier – and quicker! The Brød & Taylor Folding Proofer takes the guess work out of bread baking, simplifies homemade yogurt making, and holds chocolate at temperatures ideal for melting or use after tempering. With the ability to work with both gluten-free and lactose-free diets, once you are all done this 3-in-1 folds up for easy storage.
1 winner will receive a Brød & Taylor Folding Proofer and Yogurt Maker – worth $159!
More about Brød & Taylor’s Folding Proofer
The folding proofer is a multi-use kitchen appliance that can be used in preparing bread, yogurt, and chocolate. Obviously the first two items are great for eating “real” food, but the third can be a special (and occasional) treat. The benefit of the proofer is that it allows you to control the ingredients used in your food and also can help you save money by making foods at home.
The proofer also folds for easy storage and little counter space; it’s super easy to fold it and place it in your pantry/cupboard or wherever you have some flat space. Or, if you wish to keep it open, you can store crackers or cookies in it and it will help them stay crisp.
Those who follow a gluten-free or lactose-free diet can also use the proofer; in fact, there is a recipe for lactose-free yogurt on their website as well.
- Provides the ideal environment for rising bread dough, even in cool or dry conditions
- Accurate digital temperature control draws out the best flavors in homemade bread
- A full rise gives bread dough the best structure and texture
- Consistent, delicious and more professional results for homemade bread
- Guests coming? Proofer set to 85F rises dough twice as fast as a cool 68F kitchen
- No more off flavors from an overly warm or uneven proof setting on your oven
- Perfect for warming cold dough from the refrigerator
- Maintains consistent warmth and humidity for an overnight starter or pre-ferment
- Essential for sourdough – encourages a full rise without danger of heat damage to delicate wild yeasts
- Provides a full rise for croissants and other rich dough without danger of melting butter
- Cultures 8 quarts of yogurt in just 2-4 hours
- Unique “High-Low” temperature method is fast, more food safe and makes smooth, thick yogurt
- Largest capacity of any home yogurt maker, up to 8 quarts
- Slow, risk-free chocolate melting, even for easy-to-scorch white chocolate
- Holds chocolate at ideal working temperature after tempering
- Dramatic chocolate curls are simple to make from a block of chocolate warmed in the Proofer