For the first time in the history of my blog, I am sharing a cocktail recipe! Yes, it’s true that only wine and beer are technically allowed according to our 100 Days of Real Food pledge rules, BUT it’s no secret that (with our pledge officially over) we do indulge in some special treats on occasion. So, just in time for Cinco de Mayo, here is my husband’s recipe for Homemade Honeydew Melon Margaritas! Yum :)
Oh, and P.S. – My neighbor who is a Skinnygirl Margarita lover thought this version was even better!
More Mexican Recipes to Try
And while we are talking Cinco de Mayo, here are some other Mexican-inspired real food recipes you’ll often find on the table at our house…
- Pork Carnitas Tacos with Tomatillo Salsa
- Chicken and Cheese Tostadas
- Easy Slow Cooker Refried Beans
- Slow Cooker Flank Steak Fajitas
- Vegetable Fajitas
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Tortilla Soup
- Taco Salad
- Vegetable Quesadillas
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend just until the melon is liquified (over-blending will make for foamy drinks!). In our Blendtec, this was achieved in about 10 seconds on power level 6.
- Pour half the mixture into a cocktail shaker partially filled with ice. Shake until cold and pour over ice into salt rimmed glasses (run a lime wedge around the lip of the glass and dunk into Margarita salt) or serve with no salt.
- Garnish with a lime wedge if desired. Repeat for the remaining two servings.