Here is another school lunch roundup post for you so you can get ideas all in one place! Also, we are working on a website redesign which will not only allow you to see ALL lunch pics at once, but it will also give you the chance to narrow by dietary need (i.e. dairy-free, nut-free, gluten-free, etc.) AND search by ingredient. So subscribe to my email list to be the first to know when this new feature is available!
To learn more about the lunches I pack here are some links…
- Our favorite school lunch supplies – although I do have an important update regarding our the pictured Ziploc divided containers (where each compartment is leak-proof).
- The reason we don’t track protein.
- Readers sometimes ask what these lunches look like after they are tossed all around in the backpack…so check out The Life Cycle of a School Lunch where I share before and after pictures.
- There are also some previous posts similar to this one: School Lunch Roundup I, School Lunch Roundup II, School Lunch Roundup III, School Lunch Roundup IV, School Lunch Roundup V, and Nut-Free School Lunches.
Also be sure to check out our School Lunch FAQs with other info including what I do to prevent apples from turning brown!
- PB and honey on whole-wheat
- Cucumber slices
- Plain yogurt mixed with a little pure maple syrup, a dash of vanilla extract and blueberries
- Leftover grass-fed hamburger – served cold (in cookbook)
- Half a banana
- Cheddar cheese
- Homemade PB & honey “uncrustable“
- Honey dew melon
- Roasted cashews
- Sungold cherry tomatoes
- Cheddar cubes
- Slow cooker refried beans (served warm in thermos)
- Cheese quesadilla triangles (served cold)
- Sour cream to go on top
- Diced watermelon
- Whole-wheat pasta salad (with tomatoes, mozzarella and homemade spinach/basil pesto)
- Bell peppers
- Plain yogurt mixed with a little pure maple syrup and pomegranate seeds
- Hard-boiled egg
- Leftover Greek stuffed pitas – with feta, plain yogurt, cucumber, and dill (in cookbook)
- Bell peppers
- Whole-wheat couscous salad (mixed with feta, tomatoes, cucumbers, and a little bit of homemade vinaigrette dressing)
- Almond/cashew mix
- A small green salad with parmesan cheese and olive oil
What are your favorite go-to real food lunches?