This FAQ should help you decide if the program is right for you. Existing customers can jump to the support section.
1) Is the Mini-Pledge allergy or dietary-restriction friendly?
While the recipe ideas contained in the course cover a wide variety of ingredients, some of which are common dietary allergens, there are also many options that are allergy or restricted-diet friendly. Additionally, in some cases you can substitute ingredients for ones that work for your particular needs. As always, please consult your healthcare provider if you have any concerns regarding a recipe and/or its ingredients.
2) Is the course cost a one-time charge?
Yes, your one-time purchase gives you access to all 6 weeks of the program plus 90 days additional after the Pledge ends.
3) When do the mini-pledges begin?
The first weekly pledge will begin on the Monday you select at checkout. To access it, simply login using the link in the “Welcome” email you received immediately after purchase.
Pledges are unlocked three days early (on Friday mornings at 5am EST), and a reminder email is sent. This is to ensure you have a few days to review the information and prepare. Each pledge lasts one week.
4) When can I purchase the Mini-Pledge Program?
You can purchase up through (and including) the Saturday before the start date of each class. This is to ensure you have enough time to prepare to begin on the following Monday (or Sunday if you prefer).
So you can purchase the 12/31/18 class through 12/29/18, the 1/7/19 class through 1/5/19, and the 1/14/19 class through 1/12/19. Jump to the sales page to purchase.
5) If I can’t participate one week, can I “pause” the program and pick back up later?
While the pledges will be unlocked on schedule regardless of whether or not you personally participate (it is not possible to pause the schedule), you can skip a week (or two or three) if need be and pick up where you left off, participating at your own pace. We provide access for an extra 90 days for this reason.
6) Is this a meal planning service?
We intentionally did not make this program based on a strict meal plan because the whole point is for you to learn through experience (as we did when we pledged to cut out all highly processed food for 100 Days) and ultimately pick which changes you’d like to make long-term at your household. The goal is a new normal (the extent of which is your choice), and it can be obtained by seeing things through a new perspective and being forced to adapt and identify resources each week…basically learning by doing.
You will be provided with ample resources to develop a meal plan each week to fit your locale, budget, and family’s taste. The suggested recipes for each week come from the blog (free), “5 Things to Make This Week” PDFs (included), and my three cookbooks. There is also a Weekly Prep lesson with tips on how best to prepare and, inside that lesson, there is information on a powerful meal planning tool called PrePear. You can use PrePear for free to plan your meals and create shopping lists that you can print out or access on your smartphone at the store.
7) Do I follow one pledge each week or do I add a new one each week?
The program is designed for you to participate in one pledge per week, but you can of course follow more than one in a week if you wish. The point of each weekly pledge is to challenge you to make a change in your shopping/eating/cooking habits so you can experience a new perspective, identify new resources, and then decide what changes you want to incorporate into your life long-term. It’s easiest to focus on one thing at a time.
8) Will we still have access to the online program after the 6 weeks are up?
The content will remain active for about 90 days after the end of the program, at which point access will be revoked. You may download/print your “5 Things to Make This Week” documents and shopping list for each week for future personal use while the program is active.
9) What is your return policy?
- You may request a refund for the online program up to two weeks after your scheduled start date.
- Cookbook purchases are non-refundable, however if you received a damaged/defective copy we will work with our fulfillment partner to get a replacement.
10) How does this compare to previous years’ mini-pledge programs?
This is the same program and format we offered previously in 2016, 2017, and 2018. When we overhauled the program in 2016, we changed:
- The program has been consolidated down to 6 weeks to make it more manageable.
- New format: The entire program is housed online. Each week has been broken up into 5 different sections all available on the same page so the information is easier to digest.
- The recommended recipes now reference both of my cookbooks. These are optional but do help with the program (and beyond).
For 2018, we have added:
- A new lesson on how to prep each week, with a guide on using the meal planning tool PrePear
- An exclusive invitation to join the Real Food Mini Pledge Program Graduates Facebook group upon completion
- A 2-week bonus meal plan delivered via PDF upon completion of the program
For 2019, we have added:
- Transitioned the Mini Pledge to our website. This means the entire Pledge is connected to your Account (if you’re a member on our site), which gives you one easy place to access all of your 100 Days of Real Food materials.
- Updated the recommended recipes to also include the newest cookbook, 100 Days of Real Food: On A Budget.
- Offering an option for the newest cookbook at a discount during checkout.
11) Do you take orders outside of the US?
You may purchase the online program only regardless of where you live, however the discounted cookbook is restricted to US addresses only due to shipping constraints.
Customer Support FAQ Section
12) How do I interact with fellow Mini Pledgers?
For 2019, we’ve brought everything for the Mini Pledge onto our site which means we no longer offer a Facebook group for each Start Date. Instead, you can interact directly with your fellow Mini Pledgers inside the comment section of each week. Additionally, team members from 100 Days of Real Food will be interacting with you and responding to comments (within 24 hours) week by week. We will also offer chat support (via Intercom) when available.
13) I didn’t receive my welcome email with login link after purchase
- A purchase receipt email and a program welcome email are sent within five minutes after purchase. These contain your purchase and login information for the Pledge you’ve registered for. If you didn’t have an account with us before, one is created for you and an email with your username and password are also sent.
- Please check your junk/spam folder by searching all mail for “100daysofrealfood”. Gmail users should search in “All Mail” and check your promotions tab. When you find it, move it to your inbox.
- If you have multiple email addresses, check your other accounts. You may have used another one during checkout.
- To help keep future emails (like the weekly pledge reminders) out of your spam folder, we recommend adding [email protected] as a contact.
- If you still have trouble, email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to assist.
14) Where is my reminder email that a new pledge has been unlocked?
- Reminder emails are sent out each Friday morning (about 5am EST) beginning on the Friday before the start date you selected at check out.
- If you bought after Friday at 5am EST, you won’t get a reminder email that day, but if you login your pledge will be unlocked.
- Please understand these emails are just reminders and your Mini Pledges will be available on schedule regardless of whether or not you get or read an email.
15) I’ve lost my password (+ login links)
You can reset your password at any time by clicking the “Lost Your Password” link on the My Account page.
16) How to Create a Shortcut on iPhone
Follow these steps to create a shortcut on your iPhone for easy access (this works for any website, by the way).
- Login to the course (links above) and click the share icon at the bottom of your phone.
- Swipe the second row to reveal the “Add to Home Screen” icon and press it.
- Click “Add” at the top right of the screen. You will see an icon on your home screen (you may have to swipe left to get to the last page of your icons).
Still have questions?
You can email us at [email protected] and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can, typically within one business day.