These power balls make a great little snack or treat. There are two versions…
1. The Chocolate/Peanut Version (pictured):
I recently bought my first bar of unsweetened chocolate (100% cacao)…and to steal vocabulary from my 5-year-old, it tasted disgusting! However, in some magical way the combination of ingredients in this recipe below make the cacao taste like “regular” chocolate. I have to thank a 100 Days of Real Food reader for introducing me to a version of this recipe. I would have never thought to put these items together and now we can’t stop eating them!
Chocolate Peanut-Butter Power Balls
- ¾ cup nuts I used pecans
- ¾ cup dates dried, pitted
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter an all natural PB is recommended - the only ingredient necessary is crushed peanuts
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
Combine all ingredients into a food processor and blend.
Form into balls and serve immediately or keep refrigerated.
For a slightly different variation without peanut butter check out the chocolate torte recipe.
2. The Peanut/Honey Version:
This recipe is from a friend of a friend and you can get creative with adding extras.
Peanut Honey Power Balls
- 1 cup peanut butter an all natural PB is recommended - the only ingredient necessary is crushed peanuts
- 1 cup honey
- 3 cups oats rolled
- 1 cup nuts or dried fruit
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- nuts crushed
Mix the first four ingredients together thoroughly.
Form them into balls then roll them in the crushed nuts, granola cereal, or unsweetened coconut.
Serve or refrigerate.