These biscuits might be my family’s new obsession…they are so tasty good! They are almost like a much better (and better for you) version of those Red Lobster biscuits everyone has probably had at one time or another. And they are so quick and easy to make as well. What’s not to love!?
I also want to make sure you know about one of the newest “real food” cookbooks that just hit the shelves last week (pictured below). It’s from our meal planning sponsor – The Fresh 20! Their new book contains over 125 recipes that are organized into seasonal, weekly meal plans, and each week comes with it’s very own corresponding shopping list. Every recipe comes with a beautiful picture, and there are lots of prep-ahead tips throughout. Following wholesome and realistic meal plans like these can be a big time saver for busy parents. Has anyone made anything from the new The Fresh 20 cookbook yet? If so, please share the details below!
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese (sharp or mild, or a combination)
- ½ cup melted butter (1 stick)
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and garlic powder. Use a fork to stir in the grated cheese.
- Mix in the melted butter and milk until well combined, but not over-mixed.
- Drop 12 heaping spoonfuls of the mixture onto a large ungreased baking sheet (evenly spaced). Bake until light brown, about 18 to 20 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy.