A friend of mine recently asked if I could “make over” her Pumpkin Fluff Dip recipe. Her version was a big hit at her book club gathering, but she knew there had to be a better way than using highly processed Cool Whip and vanilla pudding mix (No comment! LOL).
So after a fun afternoon of experimenting, I present to you this real food, organic, and tasty Pumpkin Fluff Dessert Dip recipe. All I have to say about this is yum. My kids (okay and me too) could not get enough! If only I would have known about this earlier, I would have totally added it to the dessert table at our Halloween party. :)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix (found in the spice aisle)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Optional garnish: A few extra sprinkles of pumpkin pie spice (or just plain cinnamon...(We prefer fresh)
- Optional dippers: Sliced apples and whole-wheat graham crackers
- In the bowl of your mixer fitted with a whisk (or use a large mixing bowl and electric beaters), combine the heavy cream, cream cheese, syrup, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. Turn the mixer to low and blend until the cream cheese is broken up and no longer in big clumps. Turn the speed up to high and blend until the mixture thickens, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Turn the speed back down to low and carefully blend in the pumpkin puree. Scrape the bowl with a spatula if necessary.
- Serve with sliced apples and whole-wheat graham crackers. Store leftover dip in the fridge.