I was recently flipping through some of my clipped magazine recipes and saw a Salmon Curry recipe that looked sooo good. I went on to make a slightly modified version (that’s even easier than the original) and oh my gosh, it was delicious and super duper quick to make. So, of course, I want to share the recipe with you! If you’re looking for a way to shake up a weeknight dinner with some different and bold flavors … then this is it. Flavorful (but not spicy), allergy-friendly and ready in 20 minutes or less! Hard to beat that. :)
Easy Salmon Curry
Adapted from Martha Stewart Magazine
- 2 tbsp olive oil, or coconut oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, yellow or green, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk, full-fat, unsweetened
- 1 1/2 cups water, or broth, or a combo
- 3/4 pound salmon, skin removed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups greens , chopped (Swiss chard, bok choy, kale or spinach)
- salt, to taste
- 4 servings brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- basil, torn (optional garnish)
- lime juice, freshly squeezed, from 1 lime (optional garnish)
Heat the oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic and ginger. Cook while stirring until the onion begins to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir in the curry paste and cook for 1 more minute. Mix in the coconut milk and water (or broth) and bring to a simmer. Cook on low for 5 minutes, until onion and pepper are soft.
Stir in the chunks of raw salmon and chopped greens and cook for another couple of minutes until the salmon is done (light pink) all the way through. Season with salt to taste.
Spoon over brown rice and serve (these pre-cooked rice pouches are a huge time saver!). Garnish with basil leaves and top with freshly squeezed lime juice (if using).
1. Coconut is not a tree nut. However, if you have a tree nut allergy, consult your doctor before consuming.
2. We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.