Okay, my girls and I are clearly on a little DIY kick between our homemade natural bath bombs, beeswax candles, and now bath salts. While all of these projects have been fun, I have to say this one is by far THE EASIEST! It took more time to get out and put away the supplies than it did to actually make them.
And, it’s perfect timing for Mother’s Day and end of year Teacher Gifts! I love a cute—and practical!—little homemade gift, especially when it doesn’t contain any unwanted additives, artificial colors, or synthetic fragrances like the store bought version…
Supplies Needed for Homemade Bath Salts
- Epsom Salt
- Coarse Sea Salt (we chose Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt because it added such a pretty color and texture to the final product)
- Baking Soda
- Natural Fragrances or Essential Oils
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Little Jars
- Funnel (optional – to easily get it into the little jars)
Homemade Natural Bath Salts
- Mix together the salts and baking soda in a large bowl. We used a wooden spoon and then just our hands.
- Drop in the fragrance or oil and mix again until well combined. Divide among 4-ounce jars and add a label with details + instructions (i.e. 2 uses per jar). That’s all it takes!
Other Fun DIY Projects
Why We Love Plant Therapy
Just because we don’t want artificial fragrances in our bath salts doesn’t mean we don’t want them to smell nice! So, we were excited to try some scents from one of our favorite all-natural companies, Plant Therapy, in this project.
First of all, the packaging is so pretty (would be a perfect little gift all by itself!), but I love how creative these new home fragrances are for your bath: zest, spirit, and jubilation. I would love a fragrant warm bath to refresh my spirit! We did opt not to use “excite” for these gifts, hehe.
More about “Evoke” by Plant Therapy
Evoke by Plant Therapy is a new line of natural fragrance products with scents derived from the natural aromatic components of essential oils. If you aren’t familiar with Plant Therapy, we’ve been using them for a long time because they offer quality-sourced organic and economical essential oils.
You can feel good about using these, plus the scents range from soothing to energizing, so you can choose which emotion of fragrance you want to bring into your home (diffused, applied topically, as a body fragrance, or in DIY projects like this one)! There are six scents to choose from and you can check out the full line by clicking here; use code 100DAYS and get 10% off of your purchase!