I’ve got the perfect cold treat for you that’s super easy to make on a hot summer day (no oven required!). I saw a similar recipe in a magazine and loved how easy it looked, thinking about how it would be good for when we occasionally break our rules and enjoy a sugary homemade treat.
The only problem though was that the recipe called for WAY too much sugar in my opinion – an entire cup of powdered sugar. Eeek. That would be so sweet I would barely be able to taste the flavors of the other yummy ingredients. So I pared down the sugar quite a bit and tweaked the other ingredients until it was to our liking. I hope you enjoy these No-Bake Peanut Butter Dessert Bars just as much as we do. This one is definitely a keeper!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Dessert Bars
Peanut Butter Layer
- 1 cup chocolate chips I like Enjoy Life brand
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Line a 9" X 5" loaf pan with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the peanut butter, sugar, cream cheese, and warm melted butter until well combined. Drop it by the spoonful (in chunks) onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a small pot, melt together the chocolate and cream on low heat. Stir until smooth, then pour on top of the peanut butter chunks and spread into one even layer.
- Cover and freeze for 1 to 2 hours or until the chocolate is set. Store the leftovers in the fridge.