With school back underway, I love to have pasta salad or other hearty salads that I can make on Sunday and have ready to go in the fridge all week long. These types of dishes hold up really well in the lunch box (pictured below) and are great to grab and go for adult/work lunches as well. We’re big fans of pesto in our house, so this twist with red peppers felt like a great way to switch things up!
Pasta Salad with Red Pepper Pesto
For the pesto
For the salad
- 2 1/4 cups whole-wheat orzo pasta (dry) cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 2 cups sliced fresh spinach leaves
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- In a food processor or blender combine the pesto ingredients including the basil, Parmesan, pimentos, almonds, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper, and blend until smooth.
- Toss pesto together with the cooked pasta, spinach, and cherry tomatoes in a big bowl until well combined. Serve or cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.