I must say these glazed nuts almost taste like candy and are fabulous as a snack just by themselves. We also use them in my Salad with a Twist recipe…there is no better way to make a plain old bowl of lettuce delicious!
- 1 cup nuts raw, I used pecans
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce I found an organic low-sodium bottle at Earthfare
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper or more if you like it spicy
Preheat the oven (or toaster oven) to 375 degrees F.
Mix all ingredients together and then spread the nuts onto a baking sheet that has been covered with parchment paper. Put in the oven and stir them every minute or two. When the nuts start to caramelize and become brown and bubbly they are done – after about 5 – 8 minutes. It is imperative that you check on them frequently because they can go from perfect to burnt very fast.
Once done, let them cool then break apart if stuck together.
* Recipe is gluten-free if gluten-free soy sauce is used.