My husband used to think he didn’t like strawberry ice cream, and come to find out it’s because he’d never had “real” strawberry ice cream before…only the bright pink stuff out of a box. But once I made him the real deal his mind was forever changed, and I promise you’ll be “won over” by this recipe as well. It’s honestly hard to beat the taste and consistency of fresh homemade ice cream no matter what flavor you make it. And with the high tech ice cream makers these days it’s fairly easy to make it at home yourself, and it doesn’t take long either … no cranks, ice or salt necessary. :) We have a Cuisinart ice cream maker and love it.
What do you plan to make with your fresh strawberries this season? Please feel free to share strawberry recipes/links in the comments below.
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- 3/4 cup heavy cream organic recommended
- 3/4 cup milk organic recommended
- 2 - 2 ½ tablespoons pure maple syrup depending on how sweet you like it...start with 2 and only add more if necessary
- 14 strawberries plus more for garnish
- Combine the cream, milk and maple syrup in a large glass measuring cup (with a pour spout).
- If you have a Cuisinart ice cream maker like us just turn on the machine and pour in both the cream/syrup mixture and the crushed strawberries. After about 15 - 20 minutes the ice cream will look really "thick" and ready when it's done. If you are using a different machine be sure to follow manufacturer directions for making your ice cream.