I’ve got a new super easy weeknight meal for you. This Roasted Cauliflower Pasta could work as a main dish (if you sometimes like to skip meat like we do) or as a side dish. We’ve really grown to love cauliflower, especially roasted, so I hope your family enjoys this meal as much as mine does.
Roasted Cauliflower Pasta
- 8 ounces whole-wheat pasta reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water
- 1 head cauliflower
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme dried
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- parsley Italian, chopped (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Boil noodles according to package directions and drain while reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Chop cauliflower into 1 - 2 inch florets (discarding large stems). Toss on a baking sheet with garlic, olive oil, thyme, pepper, and lemon juice. Bake until the cauliflower just begins to turn brown and is easily pierced with a fork, about 20 - 22 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- To toast the walnuts, add them to the baking sheet with the cauliflower and put it all back in the oven for 2 - 3 minutes while keeping a close eye on it because they can go from brown to burnt very quickly!
- Meanwhile, toss the noodles with the reserved cooking water, Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, and salt. Stir in the cauliflower mixture and heat on medium-low until the sauce thickens. Divide among pasta bowls, garnish with parsley if desired, and serve warm.