I’ve got a super quick recipe for kale and egg frittata that you probably already have the ingredients for on hand. The other night I suddenly remembered at 4:45 that my daughter had to leave for gymnastics at 5:15. I had to hustle and have dinner ready super early if she was going to eat anything before she left. So, I quickly modified my original (and more extravagant frittata) plan, and had this one ready and done in 20 minutes flat! I threw some green beans in the steamer and had some homemade whole-wheat biscuits on hand ready to complete the meal. It would be great with a side of bacon as well.
I hope this helps save you on your next busy weeknight!
Simple 20-Minute Kale & Egg Frittata
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a cast iron (or other oven-proof) skillet over medium heat. Cook the onions until they begin to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the kale and cook just until it wilts down, 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the salt. Pour egg mixture into the skillet. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake until set, about 12 to 14 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper and serve. Leftovers are great reheated (or even cold in the lunch box)!