As we head back into warmer weather strawberries are starting to taste amazing again – yay! And soon enough we’ll be able to pick our own here in NC (at an organic farm thankfully since strawberries were just moved to the top of the dirty dozen list). So I’m excited to share this fabulous way to use up all those yummy strawberries. This recipe would make a great side dish to go with dinner or lunch, or I could honestly even eat this one for breakfast. YUM! :)
- 1 pound strawberries, trimmed
- 3 cucumbers, trimmed
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ⅓ cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, cut into ribbons (kitchen shears are great for this job)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cut the strawberries in half (or quarters depending on how big they are) and put them in a medium bowl. Slice the cucumbers in half longways and then in half again so each cucumber is cut into four long skinny pieces. Dice the pieces into bite sized chunks and toss in the bowl with the strawberries.
- Add the feta, toasted almonds, and sliced mint to the bowl. In a small jar vigorously shake together the olive oil and lemon juice then toss together with the salad mixture until well combined. Best if served right away or eaten within 24 hours.