Sure, eating homemade food 100% of the time is ideal, but – let’s face it – not realistic! I love to cook and make meals from scratch, but I am the first to admit that when there is a “shortcut” I find completely acceptable I totally go for it. That includes sandwich bread (made with 5 whole ingredients from a local bakery), store bought plain yogurt (that is both organic and made with whole milk), strawberry “all fruit” jam (when the summer gets away from me and I just don’t have time for canning), and – no doubt about it – snacks!
When you find yourself cooking from scratch every night for dinner and even some days for lunch and breakfast, I agree it can be hard to muster up the energy to consistently make homemade snacks as well. So that’s why I am excited to share two of the “cleanest” store bought snacks currently on the market from two companies that I love, and that also happen to be sponsors of ours! We are very selective with the sponsors we work with on this blog, and there’s nothing better than being able to promote products that I already purchase on my own.
So I present to you…
I am not going to lie – I always have one of these in my purse for an “emergency snack” and it’s usually my favorite flavor, Cashew Cookie. I also always bring quite a few of these along when we travel. It’s a great way to supplement a meal or hold you over until you can find some decent grub.
Here are the highlights:
- You will find no more than 9 ingredients in any of their bars (mostly different combinations of fruits, nuts, and spices).
- All of their products are Gluten Free, Non-GMO, and Kosher, with the majority of them being Vegan, Soy Free, and Dairy Free, as well.
- They are currently offering two seasonal flavors for the fall, Pumpkin Pie and Snickerdoodle (available through the end of the year).
- The bars do not freeze or melt, making them the perfect snack for summer OR snow adventures.
- Their brand is enrolled in the Non-GMO Project, and their products are in the process of certification – more info on that here.
- Through a partnership with TerraCycle, their wrappers are recyclable – more info here.
My daughters both love dried fruit, and I love knowing that Peeled Snacks brand is both organic and also has no added sugar (or oil or preservatives!), which is sometimes hard to find. The favorite variety in our house is dried apples, and it’s a great addition to a quick little trail mix either for a snack or the lunch box.
Here are the highlights:
- Their fruit products are (naturally) gluten-, soy-, dairy-, and sulfite-free.
- Their company is certified organic, and since some of the fruits they offer, like apples, are at the top of the dirty dozen list I think this is a great thing.
- As I mentioned they do not contain any added refined sugar, oil or preservatives.
- To find out where to purchase Peeled Snacks check out their website!
Well, there you have it…two great, super “clean” store bought snack options for when you are on the go. What are your favorite LÄRABAR and Peeled Snack varieties? Please share with us in the comments!