If there’s one thing I’ve learned in this life, it’s that writing a cookbook teaches you some serious patience! What started as a super exciting (and surreal) opportunity in July of 2012, turned into a super serious undertaking (i.e. actually turning in a finished manuscript by March of 2013), and has now turned into an ever impending release date of August 2014!
Some of you may recall that my book was originally going to be on sale starting this month, BUT publisher plans change, and like I said – patience! So if you have been anxiously awaiting the release date (like me), then let me go ahead and thank you for your patience as well…and in the meantime, how about we tide ourselves over with some of the juicy details?!
First of all, we have a cover! And it’s even listed on Amazon (and available for preorder!) as if I am a real author or something!
In all seriousness though, I can truthfully tell you that I worked harder on this book than I have on anything else in my entire life (even those final exams in college!). So when you buy this book, you are going to get some of my blood, sweat, and tears with it because I didn’t want to just write any real food cookbook, I (i.e. the Type A in me) wanted it to be absolutely perfect for you. I wanted this book to contain all the resources, recipes, and motivation that you could possibly need to completely transform your lifestyle – into a healthy, happy, real food one that is!
So let me share a little sneak peak of what you’ll get when August arrives. :)
My Upcoming 100 Days of Real Food Cookbook
Part 1: Guidebook
5 organized chapters with everything you could want to know about:
- How to define real food.
- How to read ingredient labels.
- How to shop for real food (from eggs to grains to oils to produce) including budget-friendly tips.
- How to realistically adapt the recommendations to a busy lifestyle.
- How to get your family on board.
- 4 new dinner meal plans using the recipes from the book, one for each season!
- Fun extras like a real food substitution chart, my typical weekly grocery list, entertaining tips, and a school lunch packing chart.
Part 2: Cookbook
- 100 (mostly new – not previously on the blog) recipes!
- 100 full color photos of each and every recipe!
- Chapters divided as follows: Breakfast, Lunch (including new school lunch ideas!), Salads and Sides, Snacks and Appetizers, Simple Dinners, Special Treats, and Homemade Staples.
- I think you’ll especially love the “Homemade Staples” section, which includes a DIY dried onion soup mix, BBQ sauce, cheese sauce, and cream of mushroom soup substitute, among other things.
So anyway, that’s what has been going on behind the scenes over here, and I promise to continue to keep you in the loop as things progress! Thank you so much for your support during this exciting process. :)