Here is a recipe that offers a little twist on the classic BLT sandwich…if you so desire. With some fresh locally grown or homegrown tomatoes you cannot go wrong whether you decide to include the crabmeat or not. I do admit this is not an entrée my kids will dig into, but they do like bacon and the bread so I just gave them some of that along with a few other kid-friendly items.
- 4 thick slices bacon
- 4 whole-wheat rolls or hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
- 1 ½ cups crabmeat
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 small head Bibb or Boston lettuce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon (optional)
- Fry the bacon on both sides over medium-high heat until crisp, about 5 – 10 minutes. Using tongs, transfer to paper towels to drain.
- If using tarragon finely chop it and mix into mayonnaise.
- Evenly divide and spread the mayo mixture onto the lightly toasted buns.
- Top the buns with crabmeat, tomatoes, bacon, and lettuce.