I debated on whether or not I should share this recipe because, to be honest, my house was a little divided when it came to how much we liked it. Personally, I LOVED IT, and am also a fan of how allergy-friendly it is.
This dish is free of:
- Peanuts/Tree Nuts
- Can also be vegetarian or vegan (if you leave out the shrimp)
I know families who struggle with multiple, different allergies that are always looking for a dish to meet everyone’s needs (instead of being short-order cooks!), so I hope this fits the bill for you. I love dishes like this that feel so different from what I normally make for dinner. Curry has such a vibrant flavor, and I’ve always been a fan, but it’s just not something I think to cook often. But, it’s hard not to love branching out of the dinner rut!
Let me know what you think of this one in the comments…I want to see whose side you’re on with how much you like it! :)
Easy Curry Noodle Soup with Shrimp and Kale
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 inches fresh ginger peeled and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 4 cups chicken broth can sub veggie broth
- 2 15-ounce cans coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces whole-grain ramen noodles brown rice ramen noodles or brown rice thin stick noodles
- 1/2 pound shrimp peeled
- 1/2 bunch kale
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh cilantro
- fresh basil
- green onions
- hot peppers
- Transfer mixture to a large pot and cook over medium heat. Stir and cook until the mixture becomes fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, coconut milk, and 1 cup water to the pot. Whisk together and bring to a boil. Add in the noodles, shrimp, and kale and lightly boil until the shrimp is cooked all the way through, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste (you may not need any salt depending on what broth you used). Ladle into bowls, garnish with optional toppings, and serve.