It’s summertime and I don’t know about you, but I’m in need of some new recipes for picnics, BBQs, and camping! My husband and I recently went paddle camping for his birthday (while the kids were at camp), and as I was thinking of what food to pack I was craving something new and different. So, I threw together a bunch of yummy ingredients to make this hearty, tasty, Easy Italian Pasta Salad recipe.
I think it’s safe to say that it’s currently one of my favorite pasta salads … and eating it on the river quite possibly made it taste even better than normal! Oh, how I love summer activities, especially when they involve water. :)
What are your favorite summer foods?
More Favorite Cookout Recipes
Summer is here and it’s time for picnics, backyard cookouts, and camping! Perfect to bring along for your next gathering, here are some other favorite cookout recipes:
- Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- Tomato, Corn & Black Bean Side Salad (or dip!)
- Southern Potato Salad (without mayo)
- Frozen Smoothie Pops
Easy Italian Pasta Salad
For the Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces whole-wheat pasta boiled according to package directions (penne shape or similar)
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cups mixed greens (salad mix, spinach, or arugula), chopped
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese cut into a small dice (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup pitted Mediterranean olives chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 2 ounces sliced salami chopped
- In a large bowl, toss together the cooked pasta, tomatoes, greens, cheese cubes, olives, basil, red onion, and salami.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake to emulsify and mix into the pasta salad until well coated. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days.
- We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Can be gluten-free if using GF pasta.