Want to Save this Recipe?
Enter your email below & we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you’ll get great new recipes from us every week!
It’s summertime and I don’t know about you, but I’m in need of some new recipes for picnics, BBQs, and camping! My husband and I recently went paddle camping for his birthday (while the kids were at camp), and as I was thinking of what food to pack I was craving something new and different. So, I threw together a bunch of yummy ingredients to make this hearty, tasty, Easy Italian Pasta Salad recipe.
I think it’s safe to say that it’s currently one of my favorite pasta salads … and eating it on the river quite possibly made it taste even better than normal! Oh, how I love summer activities, especially when they involve water. :)
Is Italian Pasta Salad the Same as Antipasto?
Traditionally, Antipasto is the first dish that comes out before the main meal. The term is derived from Latin “ante” (before) and “pastus” (meal, pasture). It also does not include pasta, like this Italian Pasta Salad recipe.
Tips for Making the Perfect Easy Italian Pasta Salad
- Don’t overcook your pasta – No one likes mushy pasta! The dressing will eventually break down the starches further so try not to overcook.
- Cut your veggies into small pieces – Cut them smaller than bite-size so you can get a little bit of all the flavors in each bite!
- Make it colorful – Add in some veggies that you have on hand to keep it colorful and fun.
Can You Store Leftover Pasta Salad in the Fridge?
Yes! This recipe is perfect for leftovers. Store it in an air-tight container for 3-4 days.
More Favorite Cookout Recipes
Summer is here and it’s time for picnics, backyard cookouts, and camping! Perfect to bring along for your next gathering, here are some other favorite cookout recipes:
- Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- Tomato, Corn & Black Bean Side Salad (or dip!)
- Southern Potato Salad (without mayo)
- Frozen Smoothie Pops
- Healthier Hamburger Helper
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
What are your favorite summer foods?