Oh, how I love hearty real food slow cooker recipes that don’t require any advance cooking! So here’s another one to add to your repertoire. And my kids especially loved it when I packed this chicken and wild rice soup in their school lunch, so be sure to freeze the leftovers in individual portions, making it easy for you to do the same.
Also, this recipe is one of those that is rather flexible, so here are some variations to meet your needs:
- Don’t like celery? Substitute carrots.
- Don’t like mushrooms? Omit them from the recipe.
- On a tight budget? Use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts.
- Short on time? Buy pre-sliced mushrooms.
- Like being thrifty? Make and use homemade stock.
- Too busy to cook during the week? Make this over the weekend and you can count on leftovers.
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but 100 Days of Real Food will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us spread our message!