This Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken dinner is another super easy one that will have your house smelling amazing by the end of the day. And there’s nothing wrong with getting out of your dinner rut with these tasty Moroccan flavors. This dish has been a family favorite of ours for many years, so I’m excited to share it with you today! Enjoy :)
Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger fresh, peeled and minced
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup apricots dried and halved
- Put the diced onion in the bottom of the slow cooker and place the chicken on top.
- Mix together the cumin, coriander, cinnamon, salt, and pepper and sprinkle on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the garlic and ginger on top and pour in the chickpeas all around the chicken.
- Add the broth to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Ten minutes before serving, stir in the dried apricots until heated all the way through. Serve over whole-wheat couscous with veggies on the side.