We often serve this tomatillo salsa with pork carnitas tacos. Yum!
- 1 ½ lbs tomatillos they look like little green tomatoes with husks around them
- ½ cup white onion
- ¾ cup cilantro leaves only
- 1 tablespoon lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 jalapeño seeded and roughly chopped (you can substitute a serrano pepper)
- Preheat broiler on high.
- Peel and discard husks off tomatillos. Rinse and cut tomatillos in half. Place cut side down on foil or parchment lined baking sheet. Broil for 5 – 7 minutes until skin is lightly blackened.
- Puree tomatillos and rest of ingredients together including onion, cilantro, lime, and pepper using a food processor, blender, or hand immersion blender until ingredients are finely chopped and mixed.
- Cool in refrigerator until ready to serve.