I am excited to invite you into my kitchen with our first ever professionally made video, or “vlog” as some call it! There was just no better way to show you how we set up for school lunch around here to ensure school mornings go as smoothly as possible. So enjoy (and be sure to check out the video notes just below).
P.S. In the video you’ll also get a sneak peak of our new logo coming soon![adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”S9CdnoQZ” upload-date=”2020-06-23T16:41:28.000Z” name=”How to Set up for School Lunches with Lisa Leake” description=”How to Set up for School Lunches” player-type=”default” override-embed=”default”]
How I Set Up for School Lunches
Planning ahead is key!
The Night Before…
- Pack lunches: For loads of ideas check out our most recent “School Lunch Roundup” post.
- Set out lunch bags: We love our “soft-sided” lunch bags from Lands End…they fit our divided containers perfectly. We also go ahead and put in a cloth napkin, any necessary silverware, and a Lunchbox Love card (use coupon code “100Days” for 20% off).
- Fill drink bottles: Our girls get water every day.
- Get out breakfast items: We keep it simple at our house – whole grain cereal!
- Set out snack supplies: Another daily repeat…oatmeal kept warm in a thermos container, by request.
The Morning Of…
- Serve breakfast: We just add fresh milk and berries to the cereal we set out the night before.
- Make & pack snack: We add the finished oatmeal to little drawstring bags with a reusable napkin and spoon.
- Add lunches to bags (with ice packs): With 3 to 4 ice packs everything stays plenty cold until lunch time!
How do you set up for school lunches?