I am thrilled with how popular the first two “real food” meal plans have been! The obvious next step was to of course create another one. And going forward my hope is to create these meal plans seasonally so we can take advantage of some of the fresh, tasty, local produce that is available at various times of the year. Therefore this meal plan is entitled “Meal Plan 3 – Late Spring,” and I’ve put stars next to all the shopping list items that are currently available at our local farmers’ market. So once again, this is what you can expect to find in Meal Plan #3:
- One 7-day practical “real food” menu plan designed for busy families
- Complete meals listed each day for breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner with leftovers incorporated
- Food quantities calculated for a family of four
- Corresponding grocery list showing what to buy in order of the store and actual cost for each item (as opposed to the price per serving) with seasonal ingredients highlighted so they can be purchased from the local farmers’ market if desired
- Budget-friendly prices comparable to what a family of four would receive on full food stamp (SNAP) benefits – $167/week – with plenty of additional cost-saving opportunities because:
- Coupons were not used
- Sale prices were not used
- Prices for organic items were used in most cases
- All underlined recipes are available on 100DaysofRealFood.com – check out the Recipes & Resources Page for a full list
- All recipes are working mom/dad-friendly including tips on what to make in advance over the weekend
- Almost every item listed follows our strict 10-day pledge rules, with just a few minor exceptions to keep the plan realistic for those busy working parents
Here’s the scoop on how to get your Meal Plans
- Become an email subscriber by entering your email address in the box below.
- Follow the instructions in the welcome email. Make sure you check your junk/spam folder (or search all mail for 100daysofrealfood) if you don’t see it.
As a subscriber, you’ll get weekly blog updates, too!