This post is the first of five in our baking series. Look for more savory and sweet baked recipes in the next couple of months – perfect for the season!
I’m so excited about this Bacon and Brussels Sprouts Pizza recipe! And that’s because my family was freaking out with enjoyment when I made it last week. My older daughter kept saying, “Why haven’t you made this before?” There’s nothing better than two thumbs up from everyone at the table on a simple and wholesome weeknight meal!
My Go-To Grain-Free Pizza Dough: Simple Mills
You can most certainly add these pizza toppings to any crust, but we were excited to try the (very clean) almond flour/cauliflower pizza dough mix from Simple Mills. We are by no means a grain-free family, but it was honestly nice just to have something out of the ordinary. Plus, since this crust is grain-free, there is no time required for the dough to rise. So it made things super easy and simple – like the name says – which I very much enjoyed. And it was delicious! I’ll definitely be making this exact dish again soon!
Bacon and Brussels Sprouts Pizza
- 1/2 recipe pizza dough See note (enough to make two 8" crusts) or one "clean" store bought variety like Simple Mills** pizza dough almond flour mix
- 3 pieces bacon
- 1 shallot diced
- 1/2 pound brussels sprouts trimmed and cut in half
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese freshly grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Preheat the oven according to the pizza dough directions and prebake the crust if necessary.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon for several minutes on both sides until brown and crispy. Reserve the grease in the pan and place the bacon on a plate lined with a paper towel. Crumble the bacon.
- Add the diced shallots to the pan with the grease and cook on medium for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high and add the Brussels sprouts to the pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes more while stirring. Add 1/4 cup water, cover with a lid, and steam for 2 to 3 minutes. Check on the sprouts and add more water if necessary. You don't want the pan to dry out completely while they're being steamed.
- Spread the ricotta cheese on the pizza crust and sprinkle with the mozzarella and Parmesan. Top with the Brussels sprouts mixture, then the crumbled bacon, and bake until the cheese is brown and bubbly on top, about 10 to 15 minutes (depending on which crust you used). Enjoy!