If you love sweet potatoes you’ll love this healthy alternative to traditional french fries. Now, these baked sweet potato fries won’t be quite as crispy as their deep-fried counterpart, but I’ve found elevating them on a rack while baking helps! They sure do hit the spot, especially when served with some homemade honey mustard (or homemade ketchup or BBQ sauce if you’d like) for a dipping sauce. If you are looking for some extra kick, you can add ground black pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, or whatever other seasonings you like. Enjoy!
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Arrange the rack on top of the baking sheet and set aside.
- Uniformly chop the unpeeled potatoes into ¼- to ½-fry-shaped sticks. Throw them into a large bag or large bowl and shake them up with the oil and salt to coat them thoroughly.
- Spread the potato pieces evenly in a single layer on the rack. Divide between two baking sheets if necessary.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes (swapping around baking sheets halfway through if using more than one), then turn the oven up to a high broil and bake for 2 to 4 minutes more, until golden brown.
- Mix together the honey and mustard and serve alongside fries as a dipping sauce.