I’ve got the perfect butternut squash salad for you today to help balance out all the holiday food that’s coming up! This recipe would be a great way to start out Thanksgiving dinner next week or simply to enjoy between now and then (for dinner or lunch). It’s hearty enough to eat on its own or great paired with a batch of Whole-Grain Pumpkin Muffins for a meatless meal. And bonus, this butternut squash salad is tasty leftover the next day (just hold back the avocado until just before serving), so you can double the recipe to set yourself up with some quick real food lunches for the week!
Butternut Squash Salad with Feta
Inspired by Cooking Light Magazine
For the salad
- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (I buy it already cut up in the produce section)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 cups arugula leaves
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado, diced
For the salad
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the squash together with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread out on a baking sheet and roast until tender when pierced with a fork, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
Arrange the arugula on a large platter and top with the squash. Add the feta and avocado.
- Ensure your tahini is nut-free if you are allergic (some contain peanut oil).
- We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.