I’ve got a new easy one-dish dinner for you that’s allergy-friendly! It’s dairy-free and, if you use gluten-free soy sauce, it’s also gluten-free. Plus, you can make this creamy coconut lime chicken all in one pan, and it’s great leftover. What more could you ask for this busy time of year? We really hit the ground running over here after a nice winter break!
Sponsor Shoutout: Farmer Focus
I want to make sure you know about our longtime partner, Farmer Focus organic chicken! They really put their focus on the farmer and even offer a “Farm ID” on every package that you can enter into their website to see photos and read stories about the farmers who actually raised the chickens! And, as always, their operation is 100% organic from start to finish (something you rarely find with other companies), so if you can’t make it to your farmers’ market for locally sourced meat, this really is the next best option. They offer all different cuts of chicken, and you can check out where to find some at a store near you. Remember to vote with your dollars and support businesses like Farmer Focus, not only because of their practices, but also because we love their chicken!
Ingredients for my Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken & Veggies
- Olive Oil – Extra virgin
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs – We used Farmer Focus organic chicken
- Bell Pepper – Cored, seeded, and diced
- Salt and pepper – To taste
- Coconut milk – Helps make the sauce creamy
- Lime – Juice and zest
- Soy Sauce – Can use gluten-free
- Garlic – Minced
- Fresh ginger – Peeled and grated
- Cayenne pepper – For a little spice
- Frozen peas – No need to defrost
- Brown rice – For serving
Easy directions for this one-pot meal
- Chicken: Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and bell pepper, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the chicken is browned on both sides and no longer pink in the middle, 6 to 10 minutes (depending on thickness). Transfer to plate and set aside.
- Sauce: Still over medium heat, whisk in the coconut milk, lime zest and juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer and cook while stirring occasionally until the sauce is smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine: Add the chicken and peppers back to the pan along with the peas and cook until everything is heated all the way through, another couple minutes. Season with salt and serve over brown rice.
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but 100 Days of Real Food will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us spread our message!