I’ve come across a lot of “meal plans” lately in both magazines and online. They’re always inspiring with so many different and creative ideas for breakfast, lunch and dinner (each meal requires a separate recipe of course and never utilizes “leftovers”). Sure, if someone else was doing all of the cooking for me I would sign right up for one of those plans.
Then some other meal plans tell me that their dish made with goat cheese only costs $2 per serving. Well guess what, you can’t buy goat cheese by the serving (it costs $4 a container at best!). So rather than complaining about it, I’ve decided to come up with my own meal plan – two of them actually. And this is what you’ll find:
- Two 7-day practical “real food” menu plans designed for busy families
- Complete meals listed each day for breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner
- Food quantities calculated for a family of four
- Corresponding grocery lists showing what to buy (in order of the store) and actual cost for each item
- Budget-friendly prices compatible to what a family of four would receive on full food stamp (SNAP) benefits – $167/week – with additional cost-saving opportunities because…
- Coupons were not used
- Sale prices were not used
- Prices for organic items were used in most cases
- All underlined recipes are available on 100DaysofRealFood.com – check out the Recipes & Resources Page for a full list
- All recipes are working mom/dad-friendly including tips on what to make in advance over the weekend
- Almost every item listed follows our strict 10-day pledge rules, with just a few minor exceptions to keep the plan realistic for those busy working parents
Here’s the scoop on how to get your Meal Plans
- Become an email subscriber by entering your email address in the box below and following the instructions.
- You will receive an email that contains a link to activate your subscription. Be sure to check your spam folder if you don’t see it in a few minutes. Gmail users also check your “Promotions” tab and search for “100 Days” under “All Mail” if you can’t find it.
- Once you’ve confirmed your subscription, you’ll receive a welcome email with links to download the meal plans.
As a subscriber you’ll get weekly blog updates, too!