Fresh corn has been so good this summer, and I have a super fun way to serve it up! I’ve developed a little obsession with Mexican Street Corn after ordering it in quite a few places this summer and decided it was time to make it at home. I just love how fun and special it is (especially when having dinner guests over) for such little effort. If you have any leftover, it would be great cut off the cob and mixed with some black beans and tomatoes. So many ways to enjoy – yum!
Easy Mexican Street Corn
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup queso fresco or cotija cheese (crumbled), plus extra for garnish, if you can't find this at your grocer, stop by your favorite Mexican restaurant and ask to buy some from them!
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 ears corn grilled or boiled (fresh corn only takes about 5 to 6 minutes)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sour cream, cheese, cilantro, lime juice, and chili powder until well combined.
- Sprinkle (cooked) corn with salt and pepper then pour sour cream mixture over top. Garnish with extra cilantro and cheese and serve.