Interestingly enough, I’ve learned it’s not easy to make a GREEN smoothie. That’s because when anything berry or cherry is involved, the darkness of those fruits can quickly overshadow the pretty, vibrant color of the greens. So for this new recipe, I set out to make a truly GREEN smoothie by golly, and I was lucky to have a fabulous little 10-year-old helper to put me on the right track.
As I mentioned the other day, both my older daughter and I were inspired by our recent 30-day Green Smoothie Challenge to try some new combinations and more importantly some new-to-us (in smoothies) ingredients. So inspired by some of our favorite recipes from the challenge, I’m excited to introduce to you this Peachy Pineapple Green Smoothie recipe made with some of our new favorite ingredients. Yum!
Today’s new recipe is also part of a surprise virtual baby shower for my friend and fellow food blogger, Catherine of Weelicious! A big congrats to her on her upcoming third bundle of joy! I’m so happy for her family and am thrilled to be able to take part in this special, colorful celebration that was coordinated in her honor today. See below for a list of all the other participants. :)
Before we dive into the recipe, I want to make sure you know that frozen fruits and veggies are often just as nutritious and sometimes even more nutritious than fresh, depending on how far the “fresh” stuff has traveled. That’s because they’re picked and frozen right at the peak of freshness!
I personally love having frozen produce as an option when I don’t want to succumb to fruit flown in all the way from another continent, I can’t find it fresh altogether, or frankly, I’m just worried we won’t eat everything before it spoils! Frozen produce can also be a less expensive option, especially if you like to spring for organic. Thanks to my freezer stash of frozen organic produce, my house is always “smoothie ready” whenever the craving strikes! Enjoy :)
Here is the full list of bloggers participating in the virtual baby shower today …enjoy!
- Mini Strawberry Rosewater Pavlovas from Beard and Bonnet
- Pink Lemonade Thumbprint Cookies from Fifteen Spatulas
- Skillet Cherry Pie from FoodieCrush
- Roasted Blueberry and Lemony Yogurt Popsicles from Tasty Yummies
- Frozen Lemonade with Rose Water from The Lemon Bowl
- Grilled Carrots with Mint Almond Pesto from Heather Christo
- Persian Saffron Pudding from Tori Avey
- S’more Brownies from What’s Gaby Cooking
- Jicama Pops from ¡Hola! Jalapeño
- Farmer’s Market Vietnamese Steak Salad from Alex T Cooks
- Peachy Pineapple Green Smoothie from 100 Days of Real Food
- Rainbow Smoothie from Daisy At Home
- Chocolate Beet Cake from I Am Baker
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting from Deliciously Organic