I am so excited about this recipe. I mean how can you not be when we are talking about dessert?!! If only I would have thought about this sooner. The last few months of 2013 were like a hosting extravaganza at our house for some reason. It seemed like every weekend we were cooking dinner for friends, and the idea of a dessert like this that could be made in advance, tastes deeeelicious, and is also automatically the perfect serving size would have been a big hit. Oh well, next time! For now we’ll just have to enjoy these ourselves, and let me tell you what – that’s gonna be no problem at all. :)
(Note: For my thoughts on refined sugar…check out my chocolate chip cookie recipe.)
Individual Cheesecakes (with sugar)!
- whipped cream homemade (see notes for recipe link)
- chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tray with paper liners and set aside.
- Mix together the graham cracker crumbs and butter thoroughly. Evenly distribute crumbs into the liners (about one heaping tablespoon each) and press down firmly. This is a great job for little fingers:) Bake until the crust is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling by using an electric mixer/whisk to mix together the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, heavy cream and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for several minutes until well combined.
- Turn the oven down to 300 degrees F and spoon the cream mixture evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake until set, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks and chill in a single layer in the fridge. Just before serving fill the top of the muffin cups with whipped cream and other toppings. For the best results, I would not recommend adding the whipped cream in advance.