If you’re even remotely a fan of muffins and biscuits, then you’re gonna love these Whole-Wheat Blueberry Scones. And they’re not just for breakfast. We’ve been eating these for snacks, and I’ve also been putting them in my kids’ lunches. The possibilities are endless! Plus they’re freezer friendly too, so go for it. :)
Whole-Wheat Blueberry Scones
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a food processor fitted with a dough blade, mix the flour, baking powder, zest, and salt until combined.
- Cut the butter into tablespoon-sized chunks and sprinkle them on top of the flour mixture. Pulse until the butter breaks up into pea sized pieces. Add the blueberries and pulse again just until combined.
- Drop in the eggs, cream, and honey and process until the dough comes together into one ball chasing itself around the machine (or if that doesn’t work, you can just bring it together with your hands).
- Turn the dough ball out onto a floured surface and pat down with your hands (or use a rolling pin) into one big circle that’s about ¾ inch thick. If the dough sticks to your hands, pat it with a little more flour.
- Cut the dough into triangle shaped pieces (it helps to cut into the circular shape like you would a pie or a pizza) and place on an ungreased baking sheet. If there are any remaining scraps press them together and cut more shapes until it’s all been used.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.