I am super excited to share this video with you today. Reading ingredient labels is one of the most important steps you can take when it comes to cutting out highly processed foods. And that’s because reading the ingredients is the number one way to know what’s in your food.
Honestly, food marketers make it no easy task though. They distract us with misleading claims on the front of the package and often use terminology that makes the product sound better than it really is. So watch along while I walk you through eight real life packaged food examples and explain how to decipher each of their ingredient labels!
Additional Food Label Resources:
- Understanding Grains (Whole, Multigrain, Wheat, Etc.)
- Gluten-Free, Multi-Grain, and Organic Junk Food
- 5 Ingredient Rule Explained
- Misleading Packaged Food Products: Roundup 1 and Roundup 2
- “Sugar Free” Does Not Equal Healthy (and more startling facts about artificial sweeteners)
- 7 Reasons I Hate Artificial Food Dyes