One of my favorite things about cooking fish is that it doesn’t take any time at all to do it! And with a flavorful parsley pesto to top off this Easy Baked Fish, it will keep dinner far from boring or routine. This would be a fast and fabulous dinner any busy night of the week. Enjoy!
Easy Baked Fish
- 1 pound mild white fish in fillets (such as cod, tilapia, flounder, or sole)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup parsley fresh
- 1/2 cup almonds raw, sliced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 3 green onions trimmed, white and green parts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil + extra for greasing the baking dish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Grease a large rectangular baking dish with a light coating of olive oil. Evenly distribute the fish fillets in the bottom of the baking dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and set aside.
In a food processor, combine the parsley, almonds, Parmesan, green onions, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and lemon juice. Pulse until it forms a thick pesto.
Spread the pesto in an even layer on top of the fish. Cook until done (white and flaky), about 15 - 20 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.