I’m always looking for hearty vegetarian dinner ideas (now more than ever with meat being a little hard to find these days!), and this one definitely fits the bill.
We love the flavors in this Potato and Broccoli Frittata with Feta and also how versatile it is (don’t be afraid to try a different cheese or omit the mushrooms if they aren’t your favorite). It would be great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner with a side of diced fruit and toast (or, better yet, garlic toast).
What’s your favorite meatless meal?
Ingredients for the Potato and Broccoli Frittata
- Olive Oil – Extra virgin.
- Shallots – Minced.
- Yukon gold potatoes – Cut into a 1/2″ dice with the peel on.
- Broccoli – Cut into 1″ florets.
- Mushrooms – Diced.
- Eggs – If you can’t get them from your farmers’ market check out what to look for here.
- Salt & Pepper – To taste.
- Feta – Crumbled.
How to make the Potato and Broccoli Frittata
- Preheat: Set oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cook: Heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the shallots and potatoes, while stirring occasionally, until the potatoes begin to brown and soften, about 10 minutes. Season generously with salt.
- Stir: Add the broccoli and mushrooms and cook until the broccoli is tender when pierced with a fork, 5 minutes. If the potatoes are not tender enough, pour in 1/2 to 3/4 cup water to help steam and soften the veggies. Turn the heat off once water is completely absorbed.
- Transfer: Remove half the veggies to a plate, pour in the eggs, season with salt and pepper, and top with veggies (from the plate) and crumbled feta.
- Bake: Place the skillet in the oven and bake until the eggs are set, 5 to 10 minutes, and serve.
Other similar recipes you may enjoy
- Simple 20-Minute Kale & Egg Frittata
- Quiche with a Cheesy Potato Crust (Gluten-Free)
- Ricotta and Kale Quiche
- Egg Soufflé
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but 100 Days of Real Food will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us spread our message!