We love the flavors in this Potato and Broccoli Frittata with Feta and also how versatile it is (don’t be afraid to try a different cheese or omit the mushrooms if they aren’t your favorite). It would be great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner with a side of diced fruit and toast (or, better yet, garlic toast).
What’s your favorite meatless meal?
Ingredients for the Potato and Broccoli Frittata
- Olive Oil – Extra virgin.
- Shallots – Minced.
- Yukon gold potatoes – Cut into a 1/2″ dice with the peel on.
- Broccoli – Cut into 1″ florets.
- Mushrooms – Diced.
- Eggs – If you can’t get them from your farmers’ market check out what to look for here.
- Salt & Pepper – To taste.
- Feta – Crumbled.
How to make the Potato and Broccoli Frittata
- Preheat: Set oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cook: Heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the shallots and potatoes, while stirring occasionally, until the potatoes begin to brown and soften, about 10 minutes. Season generously with salt.
- Stir: Add the broccoli and mushrooms and cook until the broccoli is tender when pierced with a fork, 5 minutes. If the potatoes are not tender enough, pour in 1/2 to 3/4 cup water to help steam and soften the veggies. Turn the heat off once water is completely absorbed.
- Transfer: Remove half the veggies to a plate, pour in the eggs, season with salt and pepper, and top with veggies (from the plate) and crumbled feta.
- Bake: Place the skillet in the oven and bake until the eggs are set, 5 to 10 minutes, and serve.
Other similar recipes you may enjoy
- Simple 20-Minute Kale & Egg Frittata
- Quiche with a Cheesy Potato Crust (Gluten-Free)
- Ricotta and Kale Quiche
- Egg Soufflé