This dish is super easy to throw together, and it’s definitely a crowd pleaser. Who doesn’t love Mexican food? It’s no secret that our family is a BIG fan and almost once a week we are sure to enjoy some south of the border fare like homemade refried beans, taco salad, pork carnitas, flank steak fajitas, vegetable quesadillas, homemade tortillas, or the like. And now we can add chicken and cheese tostadas to our repertoire!
Chicken and Cheese "Tostadas"
- sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl thoroughly combine the chicken, cheese, water, spices, jalapeño (if using) and juice of 1 lime.
- On a large baking sheet (lined with foil for less mess) lay the tortillas out in one even layer. Depending on the size of your baking sheet you may need to bake these in two batches.
- Evenly distribute the chicken mixture on top of the 8 tortillas (the top layer should be about 1/2" tall) and bake until cheese begins to brown, about 12 to 13 minutes.
- Squeeze the remaining 1/2 lime on top of the cooked tostadas and serve warm with sour cream, diced avocado, and cilantro leaves.