I feel like we’re all needing some new recipes right now. I know so many are cooking at home more than ever, I just wish it were for better reasons than our current reality! Luckily though, if you’re tired of cooking (and cleaning!), you’ll appreciate how simple and easy this new Slow Cooker Sausage & Potato Soup with Broccoli recipe is.
Plus, it makes a lot, so those with smaller families will have leftovers that you can save either in the fridge or freezer for a rainy day (for when you really don’t feel like cooking or run out of food!). It looks like we’re in this for the long haul until things are back to normal. :(
I’d love to hear what you’ve been cooking at home in the comments. We can all use new ideas!
Ingredients for Sausage & Potato Soup with Broccoli
- Italian Sausage – Links or bulk
- Russet Potatoes – Unskinned, scrubbed, and cut into 1″ pieces
- Broccoli – Cut into small florets
- Onion – Diced
- Garlic – Minced
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- Broth – Veggie or chicken (We prefer homemade stock, but storebought will do.)
- Heavy Cream – Can be omitted if you are dairy-free
- Crispy Croutons – Optional for garnish, but highly recommended
Directions for Sausage & Potato Soup with Broccoli
- Brown: If using sausage links, remove the casing and discard. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook while breaking it up with a spatula until brown and crumbly. Discard the cooking fat and add sausage to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cook: Top the sausage with the potatoes, broccoli, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and broth. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours, until the veggies are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Stir: Stir in the cream until smooth. Serve warm topped with crispy croutons (if desired).
Other Soups You Might Enjoy
- Potato and Cauliflower Chowder
- Broccoli Cheese Soup (with bacon!)
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Apple Soup
- Easy Kale, Sausage, and White Bean Soup