I’m excited to add another easy slow cooker dinner to my repertoire! It seems like my kids’ activities ramped back up quickly, and with different commitments several nights a week again, the slow cooker is the only way I can have dinner ready at super specific times.
This one is also great for guests (if you’re ready for that sort of thing again) since it feeds a crowd. I made this when my mother-in-law recently stopped by for a quick visit, and she liked it so much that she asked to take a copy of the recipe home. Now, that’s a winner! :)
Other Flavorful Slow Cooker Meals You Might Enjoy
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- Slow Cooker Chicken “Tagine”
- Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken
- Slow Cooker Asian Short Ribs
Slow Cooker Spanish Chicken & Chorizo Pasta
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 links chorizo sausage sliced (about 1/2 pound)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (such as shiitake or portobello), sliced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 poblano chile peppers seeded, cored, and diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (red) pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 28 ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta cooked according to package directions
- crumbled queso fresco
- chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Place the chicken, sausage, mushrooms, onion, and peppers in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with the garlic, spices, broth, and tomatoes. Turn the slow cooker onto high for 3 to 4 hours, or low for 6 to 7 hours, until the chicken can easily be shredded with a fork.
- Spoon the fat off the top of the sauce (and discard), shred the chicken with a fork, and serve over pasta with crumbled queso fresco, fresh parsley, and salt & pepper over top.
- Inspired by Food Network Magazine.
- Can be gluten-free if using gluten-free pasta.
- Can be dairy-free if you omit the crumbled queso fresco from serving.
- We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.