I’ve got the perfect weeknight dish for the fall—Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore! This is the epitome of comfort food, and who doesn’t love to set it and forget it? Loaded with veggies and great served over simple whole-grain polenta or pasta, it’s the perfect one-dish meal. Oh, and bonus, if you’re a family of four like us, you’ll have leftovers for something quick and easy the next day! :)
Some substitution options:
- If you can only find bone-in chicken, that’ll work instead of boneless. You’ll just have to remove the bones before eating, of course!
- If someone in your family is not a fan of olives, it’s okay to leave them out or add them at the end individually.
- If you don’t want to cook with red wine, you can use broth instead.
Other Comfort Food Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- Slow Cooker Braised Short Ribs
- Slow Cooker Korean Beef Short Ribs
- Weeknight Beef Bourguignon
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but 100 Days of Real Food will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us spread our message!