Spring is here in NC, and so is grilling weather! With cooking dinner at home night after night (after night, after night, LOL) these days, I feel like incorporating the outdoor grill is the perfect way to break up the monotony, so these Easy Grilled Steak & Pepper Fajitas are the perfect way to do just that.
Grilling is synonymous with warm weather, cookouts, and summer fun, and is also something you can still do while stuck at home! So, dust off that grill cover and fire up the grill for the first time this season for this YUMMY fajita recipe.
It seriously shouldn’t be this easy with how good it tastes. But it is, so, enjoy! :)
Ingredients for Fajitas
- Skirt steak – Flank steak will work, too.
- Bell peppers – Any color or a mix, seeded, cored, and cut into quarters.
- Red onion – Cut into thick slices.
- Olive oil – Extra virgin.
- Spices – Chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, cayenne pepper.
- Smoked salt – Can sub regular salt, but I highly recommend using the smoked version!
- Lime – Fresh.
- Serve with – Whole-grain tortillas (we prefer these homemade ones), shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, cilantro, sliced cabbage, sliced radishes, diced tomato and/or sliced raw red onion.
How to Make Fajitas
- Preheat: Preheat outdoor gas grill to medium-high heat, around 425° F. Or, better yet, prepare grill with a charcoal fire.
- Season: Put the bell pepper (skin side down) and onion pieces on a vegetable grill tray and the steak directly on the grill. Mix together all the spices and sprinkle over top. Drizzle the veggies with olive oil (be careful of flare ups).
- Grill: Grill until steak is done to your liking, slightly pink (medium) or brown (well-done, recommended if using flank steak) in the middle, and the peppers are tender, approximately 7 to 8 minutes per side.
- Enjoy: Remove from grill, squeeze with lime juice, slice the steak, peppers, and onions into thin strips, and serve with desired accompaniments.
Other Recipes to Use on the Grill
- Grilled Meat and Veggie Foil Packets
- Pesto Chicken Grill Packets
- Grilled Sausage and Bell Pepper Kabobs
- Foil Packet Nachos
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but 100 Days of Real Food will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us spread our message!