My family LOVES our original Breakfast Burrito recipe so much that I literally make them all the time. They are the perfect food for a freezer-friendly breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even a snack on the go!
So, after making them SOOOO many times, I decided to switch them up a bit for fun. I would love to introduce to you our new favorite … Mexican Breakfast Burritos!
My family was so excited when I told them the changes…
- Chorizo instead of regular Breakfast Sausage
- Poblanos and a Jalapeno in addition to Bell Peppers
- Crumbled Queso Fresco instead of Monterey Jack
- Red Onion instead of Yellow
Plus, this gives me a chance to sort of “update” our burrito recipe since, for a while now, I’ve been using a frozen hash brown mix (one that includes root veggies) instead of using a fresh potato. Such a time-saver, and I love how it sneaks in some extra veggies without changing the flavor. You honestly can’t even tell the difference with everything else that’s going on in this recipe!
Other Freezer-Friendly Breakfast and Lunch Ideas You Might Enjoy
- How to Freeze Sandwiches for School Lunch
- Homemade Uncrustables
- Cinnamon Raisin Yogurt Biscuits
- Whole-Wheat Lemon Raspberry Muffins