Both my kids like hard boiled eggs, but it never fails—they just won’t eat the yolk (it’s kind of hard to blame them). That is, unless I make egg salad or deviled eggs with them. Then magically, nothing goes to waste!
Here’s a real food version of deviled eggs (i.e. sans highly processed store-bought mayo) that would be perfect for school lunches or Easter brunch this weekend. And I must know, does anyone else’s kids call these “Doubled Eggs?” Enjoy!
More Easter Brunch Recipe Ideas:
- Lemon Raspberry Muffins
- Quinoa Salad
- Caprese Salad
- Lemon Roasted Chicken with Cauliflower
- Whole Wheat Biscuits
- Cobb Salad
- Carrot Applesauce Muffins
- Whole Wheat Crepes
- Kale and Apple Salad
- Broccoli Cheese Soup with Bacon
- Carrot Fritters with Yogurt Sauce
- Zucchini Bread
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise and place yolks in a small bowl. Mash the yolks using the back of a fork.
- Mix the sour cream, oil, mustard and salt into the yolks and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the yolk mixture back into each white egg half.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve or refrigerate for later.